Dr. Walker practices tropical and travel medicine and serves as an associate professor in the Infectious Disease and International Health division of the University of Minnesota’s school of medicine. Dr. Walker has provided invaluable clinical input into CM elearning’s offerings. Her experience with immigrants, refugees and global health issues includes clinical care and advocacy for immigrant health.
Dr. Walker is co-editor of Immigrant Medicine, the first international medical textbook on immigrant and refugee medicine. She also published articles on medical care of refugees. She speaks both Thai and Cambodian fluently.
- Associate Medical Director of the Department of Medicine’s Global Health Pathways Program at the University of Minnesota
- Medical Director, HealthPartners Center for International Health
- Director, HealthPartners Travel Medicine Program
- Doctor of Internal Medicine and Tropical and Travel Medicine, HealthPartners Medical Group
- Associate Professor, Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Disease & International Health, University of Minnesota
- Chair, State of Minnesota Immigrant Health Task Force, 2002-2004